Vaping is not smoking
Vaping is 95% safer than cigarettes
Australia is the only Western Democracy to ban vaping
Vaping is reducing smoking rates around the world
Why Legalise Vaping?
E-cigarettes and vaporisers provide a safer way to deliver nicotine to those who are unable to stop smoking, thereby minimising the harms associated with smoking tobacco and reducing some of the health disparities experienced by people with mental illness
- ROYAL AUSTRALIAN AND New Zealand COLLEGE OF PSYCHIATRISTS
- VAPING IS 95% SAFER THAN CONVENTIONAL CIGARETTES. -Evidence Review by: Public Health England
- NO HUMAN HEALTH RISK FROM ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE EMISSIONS Better for the individual smoker and bystanders. – Inhalation Toxicology Study
- THE EUROPEAN UNION, THE UNITED KINGDOM, NEW ZEALAND, CANADA, JAPAN, KOREA, ISRAEL have embraced and regulated safer smoke free technologies and are promoting these products as A SAFER ALTERNATIVE TO SMOKING.
- Nearly 300,000 AUSTRALIANS and 50 MILLION+ PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD HAVE ALREADY SWITCHED to vaping.
Vaping is not Smoking
- Vaping is only recommended for current smokers HOWEVER, the EVIDENCE THAT VAPING IS SAFER THAN CONVENTIONAL TOBACCO IS NOW IRREFUTABLE.
- Vaping delivers the nicotine that smokers crave, together with the hand-to-mouth action that mimics smoking, but DOES NOT CONTAIN THE 7,000 LETHAL CHEMICALS, TAR AND TOXINS PRODUCED BY BURNT TOBACCO.
- Electronic cigarettes produce 100 TIMES FEWER CARCINOGENS THAN COMBUSTIBLE CIGARETTES.
- 2X effective as NICOTINE REPLACEMENT THERAPIES (NRT) now considered the most popular and effective permanent method for quitting smoking, globally.
- In nations where Vaping is legal, TEEN SMOKING RATES ACTUALLY FELL.
From a public health perspective it is important to promote the use of electronic cigarettes, NRT and other non-tobacco nicotine products as widely as possible as A SUBSTITUTE FOR SMOKING in the UK.
- PUBLIC HEALTH ENGLAND
Findings of international peer-reviewed scientific studies
The findings of numerous international peer-reviewed scientific studies have now completely debunked the myth that vaping is a “gateway” or an “on-ramp” to smoking. The science clearly demonstrates that the opposite is true, and that vaping is actually reducing smoking rates around the world. It is time to legalise life-saving vaping technology in Australia.
Regulation is prevention
The 2019 EVALI outbreak in the US was caused by batches of illicit street drugs containing:
Vitamin E oils
Properly manufactured nicotine products have not caused any lung injuries.